Join now, it's FREE!
The Sault Area Hospital is seeking a motivated information systems administrator with a specialization in networking who will work closely with a cross-functional and collaborative team to deliver high quality solutions focused on continuous service improvement. The Information Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation, administration, management, and support of the enterprise network infrastructure and related systems at Sault Area Hospital. This includes the evaluation, planning, development, implementation, and upgrading all network communications. May also include responsibilities related to the Hospital Information System, related interfaces and key users. May also be responsible for working with the hospital’s electronic patient chart, ensuring it is accurate, efficient and protected. This position reports to the Manager of Information Technology, Sault Area Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot the network communications infrastructure at SAH as well as related systems.
2. Participate in process reviews, workflow analysis and redesign primarily related to the implementation of the network information systems.
3. Responsible for day-to-day administration of Cisco voice/data/wireless networks.
4. Demonstrated ability to program network equipment (switches, routers, firewalls) in an enterprise environment with current technologies.
5. Develop Request for Proposal documents, collaborating with users to define functional specifications and leading the project team through the evaluation/selection of information technology systems.
6. Provide expertise in the evaluation and/or testing of network solutions, leading assigned teams to facilitate implementation of applications.
7. Coordinate the transition to live environment of business/clinical applications.
8. Serve as a resource person, providing consultation and timely support to user groups.
9. Serve as primary point of contact for internal resources, vendors, and users identifying and resolving issues, preparing and communicating routine reports.
10. Perform audits as scheduled or requested and providing custom reports, including data and analysis of findings in a timely efficient manner.
11. Maintain knowledge of current technology in the healthcare environment.
12. Support and following all standards, policies and procedures set out by the organization.
13. Deliver infrastructure based support services to the Sault Area Hospital community. This includes but not limited to Network, Servers, desktop computers, printers, telephony devices, handhelds, and other equipment.
14. Maintain networks (infrastructure and medical), including security, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems, software, and storage.
15. Perform incident resolution following ITIL framework – on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex IT infrastructure problems including network and servers, and recommend and implement corrective hardware/software solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
16. Recommend, schedule, and perform network and system improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
17. Other duties as assigned.
• College diploma or university degree in Information Technology or related field
• Minimum 3 years of experience administering information systems networks
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast-paced environment in stressful situations.
• Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position
• Computer literacy in a Cisco network environment, Microsoft operating system environment, VmWare Workspace One, Webex, Cisco Telephony is an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current security technologies – Firewalls (IDS/IPS, VPN, MFA), as well as endpoint security.
• Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
• Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
• Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
• Knowledge and Skills specific to the position.
• Experience in implementations and administration of current enterprise networking platforms.
• Knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques, including security best practice methodology.
• Knowledge and experience working with virtual computing environments – VmWare virtualization technology (VDI and ESXI).
• Knowledge of project management methodologies, print on demand processes and process review and improvement and principles of change.
• Ability to create and deliver effective presentations for a group.
• Able to interpret and apply hospital policies.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to synthesize and communicate reported data.
• Able to work off-hours/weekends when required for commissioning and decommissioning of equipment, downtime windows, and critical incidents.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
To apply to this exciting opportunity please send a cover letter and resume outlining how your knowledge, experience, and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements of this position.
APPLY ONLINE: www.sah.on.ca/careers
POSTED: September 8, 2022 16:00 hours to September 22, 2022
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
© 2022 SooToday.com
Your account was created successfully.
You will receive an email that contains a code to verify your account. Please paste this code into the field below and press ‘Confirm’
Enter your email address below to receive a code to reset your password.