TODAY’S TOP NEWS: 15th OCTOBER, 2022 (GPN):
TODAY’S TOP PHOTO NEWS:
New Delhi: Actors Sonal Monterio and Zaid Khan pose for photographs during a promotional event for their upcoming film ‘Banaras’, in New Delhi, Monday, Oct. 17, 2022.
Kochi: Members of Kerala Scrap Merchants Association (KSMA) with artists during a performance of the ‘Pulikali’ folk dance as part of KSMA state conference, in Kochi, Monday, Oct. 17, 2022.
Spanish actress Rossy de Palma delivers a speech after being named UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural Diversity Monday, Oct. 17, 2022 in Paris. The newly named Goodwill Ambassador de Palma will focus on defending the status of the artist, enhancing indigenous peoples’ cultures and promoting gender equality in the cultural sector.
Chennai: Fort St. George on the first day of Tamil Nadu Assembly session, in Chennai, Monday, Oct. 17, 2022
Gandhinagar: Defence equipments on display at Helipad ground, a day before the start of the Def Expo-2022, in Gandhinagar, Monday, Oct. 17, 2022.
Bandhan Bank ropes in Sourav Ganguly as its brand ambassador
A new book titled “The Philosophy of Modern Song” authored by Bob Dylan, Nobel laureate and published by Simon & Schuster will be launched in November 2022. The Philosophy of Modern Song contains the artistic journey and achievements of Bob Dylan.The collection of essays is Bob Dylan’s first book of new writing since 2004, when he released ‘Chronicles, Volume One and since winning the Nobel prize for literature in 2016. Bob Dylan released thirtynine studio albums. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature and was also awarded the French Legion of Honor, a Pulitzer Prize and the Presidential Medal of Freedom etc. The most prominent books of Bob Dylan are ‘’The Lyrics 19612012’’, ‘’Tarantula (1971)’’, ‘’Younger Than That Now’’ etc.
UAE’s Aayan Khan, the 16-year-old all-rounder, is the youngest player to feature in the men’s T20 World Cup. He was picked in the UAE XI for the team’s first match of the T20 World Cup against the Netherlands at the Simonds Stadium in Geelong. He impressed in the U19 World Cup earlier this year with 93 and one for 13 in UAE’s 82-run win over West Indies. Aayan was out for a seven-ball five against the Netherlands. He then bowled three overs for 15 runs and picked a wicket.Aayan broke Pakistan pacer Mohammad Amir’s record. The left-arm quick played his first T20 World Cup when he was 17 years and 55 days old.
Notably: Netherlands’ Stephan Myburgh, at 38 years and 230 days, is the oldest in the 2022 T20 World Cup. Hong Kong’s Ryan Campbell played in the 2016 World Cup when he was 44 years and 33 days old.
India is set to host the Shanghai Coordinators Organization national coordinator meeting in Delhi. The SCO National Coordinators meeting will take place from the 17th to the 18th of October.The grouping was formed in 2001 and includes nine countries as its members, Russia, China, India, Pakistan, Iran, and the four central Asian countries, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Krygyzstan, and Kazakhstan.New Delhi took over the presidency of the nine-member grouping earlier this year at the Samarkand SCO summit.
Partha Satpathy has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina. He is currently the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Hungary. On 3rd November 2022, Parth Satpathy was appointed as the Ambassador of India to Hungary. He served as the Hungarian Ambassador for 11 months and then became the Ambassador of India to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Indian Army signed MoU with 11 banks for providing banking facilities to Agniveers on enrolment. The banks are State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda, IDBI Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IDFC First Bank, and Bandhan Bank.From January 2025, the first batch of Agniveers will join training centers under the Agnipath Scheme.
On 14th June, the Agnipath Scheme was announced to provide recruitment of youth between the age of 17 to 21 Years for four years.The Scheme provides provisions to retain 25 percent of them for 15 more years.
The government however extended the upper age limit of 23 years for recruitment in 2022.
Three-day Kuchipudi dance festival concludes in Vijayawada: The third World Kuchipudi Natyotsavam was organized for three days in Vijayawada. The World Kuchipudi Natyotsavam starts on 14th October 2022. The Kuchipudi dance festival is being organized in commemoration of the 93rd birth anniversary of world-renowned Kuchipudi dance artist Vempati China Satyam.
Goa to host 9th World Ayurveda Congress & Arogya Expo: The 9th World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) and Arogya Expo, will be held in Panaji, Goa from 8th to 11th December 2022. The 9th World Ayurveda Congress aims to transformationally push Ayurveda to bring it into global focus. The 9th World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) is going to be hosted in Goa and it aims to create an accessible and affordable healthcare system that is in harmony with modern medical practices.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated a gallery-cum-exhibition depicting the history of prominent Maratha commanders at the sprawling Jai Vilas Mahal of Scindias, the erstwhile rulers of Gwalior. Shah was in Gwalior to lay the foundation for the terminal building and expansion of the Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Airport.
Shah visited the museum in the palace and inaugurated the ‘Gatha Swaraj ki-Maratha Gallery’ depicting the history of the main Maratha rulers including the Scindias, Gaikwads, Holkars, Nevalkars, Bhosales and the Pawar.As per the booklet about the gallery, the word “Swaraj” was first used by Sakharam Ganesh Deoskar in a Bangla book- “Shivajir Mahatva” on the life of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in 1902. The word “Swaraj” was used by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Mahatma Gandhi, Veer Savarkar, the Bhartiya Jan Sangh and Indian National Congress among others. Union civil aviation minister Jyotiraditya Scindia, the royal descendant, his wife Priyadarshini Raje and their son Mahanaryaman welcomed Shah in the palace.Jai Vilas Palace was built in 1874 by Jayajirao Scindia.The palace is now called the “Jiwajirao Scindia Museum”.
TODAYS TOP NEWS – NATIONAL AND STATES
1. India administers over 219.32 COVID vaccine doses under Nationwide Vaccination Drive
2. PM Modi dedicated 75 Digital Banking Units (DBUs) to the nation through video conferencing.
3. The IMD, in its latest bulletin, stated that heavy to very heavy rainfall is very likely over Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry from October 17 to October 20. Further, it’s very likely over Maharashtra and Goa on October 17, over Karnataka on October 17 and October 20, and over Lakshadweep from October 18 to October 20.
4. PM Modi to inaugurate PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 in New Delhi on Oct 17 at Indian Agricultural Research Institute in New Delhi.
5. *ANDHRA PRADESH* : State Formation Day, November 1, will mark the presentation of the YSR Lifetime Achievement and YSR Achievement-2022 Awards.
6. *BIHAR* : A Boat carrying labourers capsizes in Bihar’s Katihar, 7 killed
7. *GUJARAT* : PM Modi to launch distribution of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana – Mukhyamantri Amrutam, PMJAY-MA Ayushman cards in Gujarat through video conferencing.
8. *MADHYA PRADESH* , Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid the Foundation stone for the new terminal building of Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia airport in Gwalior on 16th October 2022.
9. Home Minister Amit Shah launches first Hindi version of MBBS course books in Bhopal.
10. *ODISHA* : Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurates India’s First Aluminum Freight Rake at Bhubaneswar Railway Station.
11. *UTTARAKHAND* : Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launches National Education Policy-2020 in Dehradun.
12. *WEST BENGAL*: State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (WBSEDCL) has invited expressions of interest to install 205 charging or battery-swapping stations for electric vehicles.
1. A court in Punjab’s Moga has summoned the state’s Finance Minister Harpal Singh Cheema on November 15 in an alleged defamation case filed by ex-MLA Harjot Kamal.
2. Head of SIT investigating the Ankita Bhandari murder case, DIG P Renuka Devi, said legal action will be taken against any person or portal airing news about the probe without an official statement.
3. Uttarakhand Police and intelligence agencies have gone on alert after a letter threatened to blow up religious places, including Kedarnath and Badrinath, and railway stations on October 25 and 27. The letter was sent to Haridwar railway station by ordinary post. The writer claimed to be affiliated with Jaish-e-Mohammed and vowed to avenge killing of “jihadis” in Jammu and Kashmir.
4. Pune Police used a dating app, Bumble, to nab a 27-year-old woman accused of drugging and robbing her dates in the city. The police tried tracing her through the app by making multiple profiles and some of them even matched with her.
💷 *GBP ₹92.07*
*57,919.97 +684.64 (1.20%)* 🔼
*NIFTY* *17,185.70 +171.35 (1.01%)*🔼
24 Karat Gold Price in *United States (US)@ USD 53.03/gm*
1. According to IMF World Economic Outlook database, India could overtake Germany and Japan and become the third biggest economy globally. The top two economies will continue to be the United States and China,
2. Logistics Performance Index 2022: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, and Gujarat are three of the 15 States and UTs that are categorised as achievers in the logistics index chart for 2022.
1. Actor Govvind Namdev has said that the content produced by OTT platforms is more inclined towards pornography as the medium does not have a censor board. “You are openly showing lovemaking, which makes it very uncomfortable for people to watch with family,”
2. Filmmaker Karan Johar took to Instagram to celebrate 24 years of his directorial debut ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’. “Time flies…but ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ will always remain special,” he wrote, adding, “My first film!!! Made with my best people, best team…thank you for still making it ‘pop’
1. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala will conduct Indian Navy Sailing Championship 2022 at Marakkar Watermanship Training Centre in Kerala from Tuesday. The Championship will be held from 18 to 21st of this month.
2. The Indian Coast Guard sent two hovercraft ships from Mangaluru to the India-Pakistan border in Gujarat, Coast Guard Commander (West Zone) Manoj V Badkar said
3. PM Modi is going to lay the foundation stone for a new Indian Air Force base to come up at Deesa, near the Indo-Pakistan border. The virtual ceremony will take place during the Defence Expo 2022, scheduled to be held in Gandhinagar between October 19 and 22.
4. The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), according to a statement from the Ministry of Defence (MoD), will display about 430 items at DefExpo 2022, including strategic and tactical weapon systems, defence equipment, and technology.
5. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will host the defence ministers of African nations during the India-Africa Defence Dialogue (IADD) on October 18, on the sidelines of the 12th DefExpo in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar.
✈️ *INTERNATIONAL NEWS* ××××××××××××××××××××××××
1. Dr Adarsh Swaika, a joint secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, has been appointed India’s next Ambassador to Kuwait. Swaika will succeed Sibi George as the Indian envoy in Kuwait.
2. India is hosting the 90th General Assembly of the International Criminal Police Organization, INTERPOL from 18th to 21st of October in New Delhi. The role of INTERPOL is to enable police around the world to work together to make the world a safer place.
3. Global aviation and consultancy firm CAPA’s CEO for South Asia Kapil Kaul urged for a policy to ensure that Indian airlines have cash reserves of four-six months for continuity of operations.
4. Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe said the nation has begun debt restructuring talks with the IMF, India and China for overcoming its economic crisis.
5. US embassy in India releases over 1 lakh work visa appointments for H&L categories
🌎 *WORLD NEWS* 🌍
1. Chinese President XiJinping lays out the policy priorities at the 20th party congress opening, emphasizes national security with strong military; defends Zero COVID policy.
2. Bangladesh govt sent I&B Secretary Md. Mokbul Hossain on premature retirement.
3. At least four people were injured after Russia’s Belgorod region bordering Ukraine was hit by strikes on Sunda.
4. US President Joe Biden will act “methodically” in deciding the nature of the response to Saudi Arabia’s decision of reducing oil production, the US National Security Adviser.
5. Russia’s Defence Ministry on Sunday said that its troops had repelled efforts by Ukrainian forces to make territorial gains in the Donetsk, Kherson and Mykolaiv regions. The ministry also said Russian forces had inflicted what it called significant losses against the enemy.
6. Two Rohingya refugee camp leaders were lynched to death by a mob of over a dozen Rohingyas in Bangladesh on Saturday, The Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA), a group fighting the military in Myanmar, is believed to be behind the killings.
7. Four prisoners were killed and 61 others were injured in the fire that broke out at Tehran’s Evin prison on Saturday
1. Indian trio
Rudranksh Balasaheb Patil,
Kiran Ankush Jadhav, and Arjun Babuta
won the gold medal in the men’s 10-metre air rifle event at the ISSF World Championships at Paris Olympics.
2. Prakash Padukone awarded with SJFI medal: The Sports Journalists’ Federation of India medal (SJFI medal) for 2019 was presented to badminton legendary star Prakash Padukone during a cordial ceremony at the Karnataka State Cricket Association.
3. India, who won Women’s Asia Cup for a record-extending seventh time, received a total prize money of $20,000. Meanwhile, Sri Lanka, who finished runners-up, won a prize money of $12,500.
India fast bowler Renuka Singh won a prize money of $1,000 for being the Player of the Match in the final. Meanwhile, Player of the Tournament Deepti Sharma got $2,000.
4. T20 World Cup #
The ICC confirmed that players who test COVID-19 positive will be permitted to play T20 World Cup 2022 matches. It stated that there will no mandatory testing during the tournament and no isolation period if a player gets COVID-19.
*MADYA PRADESH*: Bhopal
*Frmn* : 1 Nov 1956
*Govrnr*: Mangubhai C. Patel
*CM*: Shivraj Singh Chouhan (BJP)
*Districts* : 52
*🥇Gold ₹ 52,200 @10gm 24 (Krt)*
🥈 *Silver ₹ 60,500 @ Kg*
⛽ *Petrol ₹108.65/Ltr*
⛽ *Diesel ₹ 93.90/Ltr*
*LPG : ₹ 1,059/14.2 Kg*
🇮🇳 *FACTS ABOUT INDIA* 🇮🇳
*Jantar Mantar* is located in the modern city of New Delhi. “Jantar Mantar” literally means “instruments for measuring the harmony of the heavens”. It consists of 13 architectural astronomy instruments. The site is one of five built by Maharaja Jai Singh II of Jaipur, from 1723 onwards, revising the calendar and astronomical tables.
The essential purpose of the Jantar Mantar was to accumulate astronomical tables which in turn would help predict the time and movement of the celestial bodies such as the sun, moon and other planets.
*😀Thought of the day*
If you cannot find the right words for the certain situation just give a smile. Words may confuse but a smile always convinces.
* *JOKE OF THE DAY*
शराबी चाहे कितना भी अनपढ क्यों न हो,
Quarter के तीन पेग ऐसे बनाता है,
जैसे किसी प्रयोगशाला का बहुत बडा Scientist हो!!
*why we don’t find our tea or coffee sweet once we have it after eating something relatively sweeter.* ⁉️*
When we eat a lot of sweets, your taste buds get used to that amount of sweetness. This is called sensory fatigue and happens with not just your taste buds but all of your senses.
Our sensory organs receive sensory forward information from them brain and the body acts on these messages. Once your brain becomes accustomed to a constant signal, it tends to ignore it, and focuses on looking for more pronounced changes. This is the reason why we don’t find our tea or coffee sweet once we have it after eating something relatively sweeter.
what are you doing
*त्वम् किम् करोषि*
🤔 *HOW IT WORKS* ⁉️ =======================
*How a eagle can reach amazing heights without flapping their wings.* 🦅
Ever watch a bird glide through the air effortlessly, rising higher and higher without ever flapping their wings? They do it by using a technique called thermal soaring. Birds can find hot, rising pockets of air and use the currents to stay aloft, and fly higher.
The Eagle bird is, as you said heavier than the chicken, but flies at a height of on an average of 3500 m. Even without flapping it can go on without decrease in height because it uses the force of warm-air below it. eagles which show flight rarely lasts longer than 4–6 hours.
💁🏻♂ *GK TODAY*
*17 October -* International Day for the Eradication of Poverty*
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on 17 October every year. This day marks the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) on 20 November 1989.
*7 Wonders of the World*
1. Great Wall of China (China)
2. Christ the Redeemer Statue (Rio de Janeiro)
3. Machu Picchu (Peru)
4. Chichen Itza (Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico)
5. The Roman Colosseum (Rome)
6. Taj Mahal (Agra, India)
7. Petra (Jordan).
*BORN TODAY* 🐣💐
Anil Kumble* ( born 17 October 1970) is a former Indian cricketer, coach, commentator, who played Tests and ODIs for 18 years.
A right-arm leg spin (leg break googly) bowler, he took 619 wickets in Test cricket and remains the third-highest wicket taker of all time (as of 2019, behind Muttiah Muralitharan and Shane Warne). He was nicknamed “Jumbo.
🙏🏻 *IDIOMS & PHRASES*
*Ring a bell*
*Meaning* : Sounds familiar
*Example* : Why does this name ring a bell in my head? Was this girl in my school?
*Jovial* × Solemn
*Jovial* : frolicsome
🛕 *VEDIK GYAN*
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻) =======================
Shikhandi* is a character in the Mahabharat epic. He was born a baby girl, named Shikandini,” to Drupada, the king of Panchala. Shikhandi fought in the Kurukshetra war for the Pandavas along with his father Drupada and brother Dhristadyumna. Shikhandi was born as a woman and later transformed into man.
Drupada and his wife desired to have a son worshipped lord Shiva. However lord Shiva told them that they will have a daughter and will become a man. Drupada brought up shikhandi like a boy and later got him married. His wife however realised soon who she was. Ashamed shikhandi left the palace and went to jungle where she met a yaksha named sthula. Feeling compassionate about her he decided to change sex but told her to return soon. Later another yaksha named kuber got to know everything and cursed sthula never to regain his sex. Sthula followers pleaded to set a time line as he had done out of compassion. Then kuber said after shikkhandi was dead he would become a man again.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES 🩺
( *Note* : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻) =======================
*Fenugreek** or *Methi* seeds can immensely benefit in battling loose motions. Soak the fenugreek seeds in water for about 15 minutes. Grind them to a fine paste and mix in a glass of water to consume. You can also reduce dried fenugreek seeds to powder using a blender.
Your email address will not be published.
Try our free currency converter:
TERMS OF SERVICE
Advertise with Us
Your AD Choices
Copyright 2022 | Designed & Developed by Infinitum Digital Pvt. Ltd