POSITION: Program Assistant, Community Engagement and Communications –
Temporary Full Time
Funded by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation
DEPARTMENT: Algoma Ontario Health Team (AOHT)
RATE: $18.90-$23.24 hourly
The Algoma Ontario Health Team (AOHT)
We are a team of local health professionals, organizations, and community members working together towards a more integrated health system for Algoma residents. We are working to create a network where patients will have access to the right care, right team, and right care setting when they need it. We want individuals to experience seamless transitions throughout their care journey in a system that is understandable, digitally-enabled, and collaborative.
The AOHT was officially formed in 2020 to improve coordination of care for Algoma communities. For our team, integrated care means coordinating efforts across health and social service organizations to improve the experience of Algoma residents. From a patient perspective, integrated care means receiving a continuum of connected services from one large team, regardless of where care, services, and resources are accessed. The AOHT is one of 51 OHTs approved by the Ministry of Health to support integrated care in Ontario.
Purpose of Position:
The Program Assistant, Community Engagement and Communications, a member of the AOHT Transformation Office, works with the Associate, Community Engagement and Communications, the Director, Integrated Care and communications professionals across OHT partners to provide support for OHT communications and community engagement needs. Most closely aligned to AOHT priority areas Community Partnership and Engagement and Building a Foundation for Collaboration, the Program Assistant, Community Engagement and Communications will support the following activities:
– Communications; including AOHT website and social media, AOHT-wide strategic communication and planning, project communication planning, media relations and support, brand management, and graphic design
– Community Engagement; including supporting Ministry engagement deliverables, mobilizing AOHT engagement strategy, support for engagement activities at the project level
The Program Assistant, Community Engagement and Communications would be responsible for supporting AOHT community engagement and communications, including:
– Developing content for website, social media, newsletter, and other platforms to broaden awareness and engagement of work underway to strengthen Algoma’s health system
– Participating in development and implementation of a strategic communications plan
– Supporting project communications, brand management, and sharing of communications resources to unify AOHT collaboration and materials
– Evaluating communications initiatives and recommending improvements
– Supporting implementation and evaluation of the AOHT Patient, Family and Caregiver Partnership and Engagement Strategy
– Actively seeking and facilitating opportunities to incorporate patient, family, and caregiver voices into health system work
– Contributing ideas to improve internal and external communications and engagement activities
– Candidate must be 18 years or older
– Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada
– Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community in which they are employed
– Candidate must be a University or College graduate who has graduated within the last 3 years from an accredited university or College with a degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Business, or another relevant field
– Candidate must be a new entrant into the workforce, transitioning into a new career, or an individual who is unemployed or underemployed
– Candidate has not previously participated in a NOHFC funded internship
Knowledge and Skills:
– Oral and written communication skills to discuss and document progress
– Ability to work independently, accurately, and to problem solve issues that arise during the course of work
– Strong organization and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrates proficiency with use of Microsoft Office suite applications
– Demonstrates proficiency with social media and graphic design platforms
– Demonstrates working knowledge of basic computer equipment and multi-function
– Ability to take initiative to establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting those deadlines within a defined timeline
– Knowledge of and adherence to Hospital Standards of performance, and organizational policies and,
– Understanding of the organization’s mission, vision and values.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
Qualified applicants interested in becoming part of a team committed to providing quality health care services are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in confidence to:
APPLY ONLINE: www.sah.on.ca/careers
POSTED: October 11, 2022 at 16:00 hours to October 18, 2022 at 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
The AOHT is committed to diversity and the values of employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LBGTQ2+, persons with disabilities, and equity-seeking groups who contribute to greater diversity and perspectives across Algoma.
© 2022 SooToday.com
Your account was created successfully.
You will receive an email that contains a code to verify your account. Please paste this code into the field below and press ‘Confirm’
Enter your email address below to receive a code to reset your password.